Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Riding the Roller Coaster of Emoooootion... WHHEEEEEE!

I can't believe how quickly my departure date has come. I feel like it was just yesterday that it was decided I was heading over to Iraq and now I am leaving in less than two weeks! It's funny because I, as well as most people who know me, would not categorize me as an emotional or dramatic person....BUT man, the past week or two I have been on the roller coaster of emotion and at times have felt as if I'm having out of body experiences, watching myself overreact to the smallest of things. Who knew I could be such a GIRL. I guess it's to be expected being that I have had more than a lot on plate the past couple weeks, a lot of change on the horizon and a few hormonal spikes causing me to go certifiably crazy at times.

Thankfully my friends are pretty stinkin' wonderful and have not "unfriended" (such a facebook term) me because of my recent emotional instability. Actually my friends are so magnificent that they threw me a going away/early birthday party this past weekend and it was just what I needed. I mean really, what girl doesn't love being celebrated and told she's going to be missed?! I was overwhelmed by it all and felt so very undeserving of all the love they showed me by coming out and celebrating with me!

The night started at Wu's Garden, a Chinese restaurant in Vienna with dinner and conversation. It was perfect becuase we were able to be in a room pretty much all to ourselves for dinner and then we stuffed our faces some more with an amazing cake that Amy made from scratch!




Next on tap for the night was Karaoke!! Loads. Of. Fun. :D I have not laughed that hard in a long time. We had a few superstars in the group and a few (eh hem) not so much stars, but more super-entertaining.... and when it comes to karaoke that's all you need! I have a new found respect for rappers as Julie and I were out of breath by the end of Young MC's "Busta Move." They must have to be on some training regimen in order to stay in shape and be able to spit on lyric on top of another during their shows... or maybe they just don't have the moves that we have so they don't waste as much lung capacity shaking their money maker?! I don't know.. but I was out of breath and sweating by the end of our debut.






All in all, it was a memorable night and the most perfect send off I could've asked for! I love my friends and family, and am so thankful for each one of them and the joy they bring to my life! I will miss all of you while I'm gone but will carry you within me as a travel. Thanks to everyone who came out and made the night a blast!

No comments: