Monday, February 2, 2009

A Crystal Ball

If you don't already know, I am preparing to go out of town on a temporary assignment for 6 months and needless to say I have a lot going on being that I'm smack dab in the middle of basketball season. Oh and I have a full time job that takes up my time during the day as well. If all of that wasn't enough to keep me busy, I'm now adding analyzing the possiblities of a new job and what that may mean for my future.

I had an interview today for the position of the Director of Navy Sports and although I haven't been offered the job I am really good at imagining possibilities and different avenues this job could lead my life. Great. Just what I need.... something to keep my mind occupied from all of the things I NEED to be focused on. I don't even know if I'll get offered the job but I'm already thinking about what that would mean about my upcoming temporary assignment AND what that would mean as far as coaching next season at Episcopal. Yay, more things that I can't control for me to ponder.

Bryson told me the other day that I'm really good at worry about things I can't control.... And he's right. I AM really good at that. But it's not so much that I'm worried about it, but I want to know what's going to happen. So I sit and think of all the different possibilities that could happen with the multiple variables I've got going on in my life. I DO trust that God is in control and I will end up in the place, but it'd be really nice if I had a crystal ball to pump the brakes on my ever racing mind so I could put my effort towards the more important things that I actually can control in my life. But that would be too easy now, wouldn't it?! :)

No comments: