Monday, March 30, 2009

Update - Iraq

I've been touring around the MND-North with a tribute band called No Duh (obviously a tribute to No Doubt) for the last few days. Yesterday I was supposed to get to Balad and pick up our new set of entertainers, Catchpenny. Weather wouldn't allow that to happen so we pushed the tour back and picked them up today! I'm now on Caldwell and will be back at Speicher with Catchpenny at some point tomorrow. Both groups have been a lot of fun so far. Very different, but a lot of fun. Catchpenny is a rock/pop group of guys that was the reciepient of the Armed Forces Entertainers of the year this past year. They are a great group of guys who really want to give back to the Soldiers/Marines out here serving and protecting our country. They are so low maintence and really down to earth guys from Minnesota. Well, I gott get back to them for now... I'll write more about later but we've got a sound check to get to!


ps- I promise I will get some pics downloaded eventually. Don't have my camera cord yet and internet is slow as far as picture uploads and stuff. Alright, gotta go just wanted to give you a quick update on my where abouts... and why it's been hard for me to call at a normal hour! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie..like I said, your blogs have been amazing. I was finally able to sit down this evening and read over them :) I hope you are enjoying yourself over there. From the sounds of it, this is going to be a trip you will never forget...and talk about an experience to share with us upon your safe return back to the States. I couldn't help but to giggle about the empty gatorage bottle falling..and you taking cover. I can just imagine..you're so silly. I hope you're bringing the folks over there lots of cheer. And I guess you're pretty much VIP at all the performances/concerts that your working..SWEET! Just letting you know that we're enjoying the blogs and we miss you! Take care...

Amy said...

sounds exciting. YOu'll get to meet some interesting folks, I'm sure. You're the perfect person to be their host!

dolostone said...

That is a pretty nice gig you have over there. I agree with Anoymous you definitely have some interesting stories to tell.
You might come back to the states as the next judge for American Idol!

Blessings!