Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Rock of Remembrance_2011 Jan recap

February. Good gracious. It's February. To say time is flying by and that I wish I had a pause button would make me sound like an old fart be cliche, but geeeez..... I promise I will only say this one more time, IT'S ALREADY FEBRUARY, PEOPLE! 2011 is going to come and go just like every other year has done before, but this year is going to mark a lot of new things for me. My memory is not always the best when it comes to periods of transition in my life and I want to have a record of my story; things going on, decisions I'm making (and why), God moments, what I'm feeling, the new characters involved, the ups, the downs... you get the picture. It does sound a bit self-absorbed, but I promise it's not truly believe that God uses our past to shape our future. Not to say that God can't or won't use something in my past just because I can't remember it (whew!), but being reminded of things He brought me through or lessons learned is invaluable when making decisions about the future. Right? Okay, enough rambling, March will be here before I know it and I will still be writing this post. So here's a wrap up of January, 2011....

*Celebrated New Years with Shayla, Paul, Mel, Chief and Brett in Georgetown

*Got the flu and thought I was going to die

*Started packing in order to move out of my place, and in with the Campbells

*Took a trip to Denver, CO (I will have another post about this as it was integral in some of my subsequent decisions) and saw two of my favorite people, Carrie and Jamar
Carrie and me, snow shoe'ing :)

Jamar taking me to meet up with Carrie :)

*Finished More packing - Wonderful friends helped me (finish packing) move

An almost empty house

David in the U-Haul truck; on our way to the storage unit!

Jon driving the U-Haul

Julie and Matthew at Ledo's after a tough day's work!

*Survived a couple snow storms/Enjoyed playing in the snow with Matthew


*Settled into the Campbells and had friends over for drinks, games and hot tub'ing

*Submitted application to CCU for their Masters of Arts in Counseling Program

So long January 2011, you may be over, but (now) you will not be forgotten. February, please bring less snow and more dance parties via Matthew and Campbell clan. I'm keeping it simple this month. Focusing on enjoying the journey. Decisions will be made, fun will be had, my heart will be full, and the pages in my story will continue to turn as I co-author with God in writing the next chapter.

1 comment:

David and Amy said...

zero bias here but that shot of Matthew w/ Julie - priceless