Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ah to be young again... just for a night

OMGosh! OMGosh! OMGosh! Giddy. Do you remember that feeling? You know, the "OMG-the-boy-I've-been-doodling-about-in-my-spanish binder (ok, not just spanish)-just-left-a-note-in-my-locker-and-he-likes-me!!!" giddy feeling you got in high school? If you don't know it, what the heck did you day dream about when you were sitting in class?! I'm pretty sure that was ONE of the parts (if not the only part) of high school that any of us would want to recreate. At least that's my opinion* Anyway, last night I had the priveledge of going to see Boyz II Men in concert and that is just where they took me. Back. Waaaay back.

I'm not sure how else to describe last night other than epic; I get giddy just thinking about it. I got lost in their songs, their moves (yep, they still got 'em), and their larger-than-life, iconic voices... And so did everyone else in that building. At times, the concert was pretty much a sing-along and nobody cared if their the person next to them was singing too loud, off pitch, or bumping into them as they swayed back and forth to the timeless songs coming off that stage.. And that was because we were in the presence of Boyz II Men. It was all so surreal. If someone would've told me when I went to see Boyz II Men that I was going to feel like a teenager again, I would've laughed at them and said something like "Whatever, I don't get silly over celebs." And I don't. NORMALLY. But last night was different... Maybe I was off my game or something, but they got me. They had me swooning, screaming and giggling like I was 15 again. And I loved it. I feel like I should be embarassed, but I'm not. lol. I had a ball.

It's like they always say, "if you got it, you got it." And BoyzIIMen, yeah, they got it....

*Sans High School Athletics and the lack of adult responsibility

2 comments:

Kimi said...

please please please tell me they sang "end of the road" and "I'll make love to you." please.

Katie said...

kimi, did you click on any of the links??? of course they did... every. single. one.