I've learned ......
- Well, for one thing, I learned that being a graduate student in an accelerated program is not conducive to becoming a more consistent blogger - although writing has always been cathartic for me, it is the LAST thing I want to do when I have a
free momentsecond to do something other than school work.
- .... that I am much better at finding my way around when there is a HUGE landmark, such as a mountain, that is always to the West of me... none of those stupid round-abouts that just mess with my internal compass and get me to anywhere other than where I want to go.
youI (my schooling has taught me about the importance of I statements too) DO need air conditioning in Colorado Springs which is contrary to what everyone said when I moved out here!
- .... I love dry weather compared to humidity, and so does my hair.
- .... it's okay to give myself grace.
- .... I am not a winter sportswoman - I gave it a shot, but ended up "sledding" down the
mountainbunny slopes on my snowboard. But I do absolutely LOVE the scenery around here.
- .... patience. WELL, I haven't really learned it but God is teaching me patience as per usual (I told Him that I got it down, I can even wait 5 minutes)! :)
- .... there is a story behind every action. #dontbesoquicktojudge (I also learned about hashtags)
- .... being vulnerable is necessary in love; it's hard but worth the risk (and I couldn't have picked a better man to take that risk with. I love you, Larry!)
- .... I actually DO like hiking, it was the humidity I hated! I still haven't done the Incline yet, but it's on my Colorado bucket list!
Here are a couple glimpses of my first year in Colorado (and all over)
First trip to Garden of the Gods
The Campbells came to visit (and another trip to Garden of the Gods)
Hanging with the Watkins crew over Fall break!
Good friends, good times, memories for a lifetime
Christmas in SC - Hanging with my favorite lil' guy
Thailand... no caption necessary
New Years with Meggo and Jess
Final Four with my ladies!
Chicago for a Birthday surprise!
...and more sunsets
Scott girls :) at Meggo and Jess' wedding
What a fantastic year!