Friday, April 27, 2007

Brown Baggin'.... or not.

I don't know if all of you had the luxuary of having a mom that packed you a lunch for school practically every day of your early childhood/young adult hood life, but I did. I was spoiled, I guess. But since those days I have found more than a couple ways to survive and get through my day without starving (haha, obviously). Most days it's one of the stellar, health conscious establishments across the street: Wendy's, Taco Bell, Five Guys or even the gourmet, TGIF. The other alternative is for ME to prepare my lunch and brown bag it... which I wouldn't mind doing if I could just remember to do it the night before. Those of you who know me (that should be all of you), know that mornings are not my best friend and I will do whatever it takes to get that last minute of sleep. Which normally means no time for brown baggin it, (b/c of course I didn't get around to making my lunch the night before) I'll just buy... again.
Well this week I actually brought my lunch twice. But then with a twist of my arm from a couple of my co-workers on Wednesday, decided I would leave my lunch (left overs) and eat it Thursday. So today, yes, I know it's Friday (they talked me into going out to lunch Thursday too. lol), I went to get my lunch out of the community fridge (I'm not even going to comment on that... it could be a whole blog in itself) and it wasn't there! I took everything out and searched frantically for my carefully planned, home made lunch and it was no where to be found. Someone stole my lunch!! Who does that?? So I carefully double checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy and didn't start using my fork as a weapon to stab anyone who had a rectangular tupperware thingy in their cubicle prematurely. But it still was not there. I guess whoever took my lunch really needed it and I should be glad that I could provide for them what God provides for me daily. But seriously, do people still steal lunches past elementary school? Just ask me for goodness sakes! I'll take you out to lunch if you're that hungry! So now, I'm missing a tupperware (sorry mom, it was hers) and I'm stuck eating Taco Bell.... again. I guess my health kick just wasn't meant to be. At least for this week. I'll try again next week and maybe try to set up a camera and catch the brown bag thief in action (he apparently knows how I get down and that any lunch I would bring in would be nothing less than off the chain!!! lol.) Until then, happy brown baggin...

2 comments:

60 toes said...

What is for lunch today?

-C

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

Believe it or not it happens at my school too...You think teachers are innocent and sweet...but they are down low thiefs too!

And our community fridge is beyond disgusting!