Friday, May 30, 2008

Fantastic Fridays

So I've decided since I'm really horrible at blogging consistently I should start theme that I can blog about weekly. Since Fridays are normally FANTASTIC (b/c it's the last day of work for the week), I decided I would blog about Fridays....b/c most of the time they are fantastic.

Today I woke up to "go to work," remember I'm in California right now with the All Army Triathlon team so "work" is a relative term. My office has literally been the transition spot from the swim to the bike for the last couple days. After meeting up in the parking lot, I took the team and their stuff out to the beach so they could get a practice ride in and swim or run the day before the race. Today (and yesterday) the Point Mugu Beach was my office. And let me tell you, if I had a view like that to sit in front of every day, I wouldn't mind waking up so much! While the athletes were training I got to just kind of hang out on the beach with the sand in my toes, music in my ears and God all around. I got to just hang out for about an hour or so with just me, my thoughts, and God. Not a bad way to start off a work day if you ask me!

As my athletes were coming back from their ride and transition either to the swim or run (they kind of do their own thing to prepare for tomorrow's race) I couldn't help but notice how fit they all are. It's a bit ridiculous actually. BUT very motivating. I am now going to do my first triathlon in VA this coming August with Amy and crew. :) We'll see how the 60 year old knee holds up (fingers are crossed) so maybe I can start competing more often and have something to train for. Lord knows, I'm terrible at aimlessly stepping onto an eliptical and getting a good workout in.

After they were done working out I had to take two of our team members to sign autographs at the NEX (Naval Exchange) as publicity for the triathlon they're competing in tomorrow. On the way back we grabbed some taco bell, which they can afford to eat being that they burn thousands of calories during their multiple workout day, and came back to the base to have a little picnic outside in the beautiful weather. Sound fantastic enough to make the "Fantastic Friday" blog yet?? :)

I'm now about to go workout myself and then meet the team for dinner. We're eating early b/c they want to go to bed at a decent hour (have I mentioned how much easier the triathletes are than the team sport athletes to keep under control??). So after dinner, I'll probably have time to make it back down to Malibu and hopefully get some pics when the sun is setting. But if not, I already have a bunch of awesome pics that I can't wait to post! Well, I'm off to the gym.

What a FANTASTIC FRIDAY...... :)

No comments: