Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


I am watching the inauguration as I type. There are so many people there and you can see the excitement!! Megan texted me with a poignant thought... People are worshiping him. Instead of chanting U-S-A! U-S-A!! It's, O-BAM-A!! O-BAM-A!!! It worries me only because I know what happens when you put your faith and trust in any man.... disappointment.


I know this is an exciting moment in our country's history. I pray that we remember it is God who has allowed our country to get to this point and prosper, and God will continue to be the one who holds the fate of our great nation in His hands. One man, elected as president can not be our savior... we already have one of those, his name is Jesus. My hope and prayer is that President Obama leads with humility, integrity and courage as the task he has before him will not be easy... there are a lot of people with HIGH expectations from this man. I pray that we as a people will remember just that, he is a MAN, not a god. Let's put our faith in God and prayerfully support the man we have elected into this position.


Proverbs 21:1 - "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases."


God bless you President Obama, you will be in my prayers!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we started memorizing verses and Prov. 21:1 was the first one we did this year....how appropriate for the times! Amen sister!

Full of JOY said...

Your are sweet and insightful...I like this.

Heather said...

You hit the nail on the head, Katie-- I couldn't have said it any better. Time will certainly tell~