Monday, June 1, 2009

Honoring Those Who Serve - KingBilly

I know I haven't been posting much, but there are days I'm so busy I don't have time to think about anything but what's right in front of me and needs to be done at that moment. Bare with me as I try to catch you up with some pics over the next few days recognizing the entertainers who are taking time to honor those who serve.

This first collage is from KingBilly, an amazing Country/Rock (bluegrass) band that came to Iraq at the beginning of May. These guys were a blast from start to finish and were incredibly talented musicians. We ended up getting stuck at FOB Grizzly for 3 days so they made the best out of an almost bad situation and did their main show the first night and then two acoustic shows the next two nights. The Soldiers absolutely loved interacting with them, some of them even got up and sung with them on the last two nights. It was something I don't think anyone who was there will forget and I would bet money that it will be one of the fondest memories some of these Soldiers have from their deployment. Thank you, KingBilly :D


No comments: