1. There is a secret ab program over here that probably 90% of the island has discovered. Never in my life have I seen so many 50 year old men with abs of steal. Don't worry, I'm working on finding out what the secret is and I'll let you know when I do... I'm hoping it has something to do with pineapple or their shaved ice (snow cones).
2. It does rain in Hawaii. poo. BUT normally when it's "raining" (more like a spitting or misting), you'll more than likely see a rainbow somewhere or another. pretty.
3. Can you say illiterate? That's what happens to you when you're a "main lander" trying to read the traffic signs out here. You literally can NOT read the signs without sounding like a kindergartner learning how to read for the first time. Likelike.... so you know, is pronounced leeky-leeky not LIKE-LIKE. just so you know. And that's an easy one by the way.
4. They. Have. No. Chick-fil-a. How is that possible??? I mean it's bad enough they aren't open on Sundays, but not one single establishment on the whole island. These people have it rough ;)
5. There are more shades of green here than I ever knew existed and some how, some way they all coordinate with each other.... God can be such a show off sometimes.
6. You can eat fish for every meal. and it's a-maze-ing!
7. Being 10 minutes away from a beach is "far" from the beach.
8. The snow cones here are to die for. TO. DIE. FOR. I would gladly give my right arm for another Hawaiian Delight! mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm.
9. Flying in and out of HNL is almost never an on time thing... I was delayed coming, cancelled, going, delayed going etc... Let's just hope I make it home by Monday, or I may just have to take another week of leave!!
The final thing I've realized while being here in Hawaii....
10. SIX DAYS IN HAWAII IS NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!