Thursday, December 2, 2010

My life... Day 9

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession

Two words, huh? That's all I get? You, my little Ten Day Challenge are really getting on my nerves. I mean, really. I'm supposed to sum up my life in two words? Did you mean two blog posts?? I think it would actually require less thought for me to just let my fingers speed away at the keyboard talking about where I am in life right now. But nooooo, you want two words. Well then, here you go, my two words that describe my life right now (am I at least allowed to explain my two words? ...yes.) Okay great, here goes:

1. Transient- Sometimes I feel like I live out of a suitcase... my job keeps me traveling and when I'm not traveling for work, I'm normally traveling to see fam/friends at least one weekend out of the month. And now my life feels particularly more transient because I have been in MD/VA for a little over 8 years (has it really been that long?) and am feeling a nudge towards movement. I don't know what that nudge is toward (ie-going back to school, moving to San Antonio next fall with my job, changing careers, or ... who knows?) but I do know it's something and right now feel like that something is calling for transition... whatever that transition may be. It's an uncomfortable feeling because I like security and knowing. But right now, I really don't know... Anything. All I know is there is a change in the air and it's going to be here in the blink of an eye so I need to be ready!

2. Overwhelmed- Do you remember when the most nerve-racking decision you had to make was who to pick up on your team for a neighborhood game of Capture the Flag? Which was in fact, a stressful situation at times. But I digress to now. NOW, I would be ever so delighted if who was on my team for Capture the Flag was my biggest concern. NOW, I get to make decision between keeping a stable job with great flexibility for my lifestyle (which would mean moving) or stepping out on faith, going back to school (which has a whole bunch of variables in itself), or getting a new job (that may or may not be as secure) here in the NOVA area. Please hear me when I say this. I am not complaining about having to make these decisions... this is life, there are always decisions to be made. But sometimes, some decisions are harder to make than others. I am thankful that I have options and the opportunity to make a decision rather than feeling backed into a corner and having a decision about my life, by means of circumstance, made for me. Trust me, I am grateful. But I am also overwhelmed. This is a big decision that will change my life for at least the next couple years but most likely more than that. I'm excited but overwhelmed too. I pray that my heart is open to God's leading and that as I walk forward in this decision, His hands are all over it and it would be clear what my next steps will be.

DAY 10 is almost here!!!!!!! :) Thanks, Meggo, for the kick in the pants to start blogging again. It may have taken me longer than 10 days to finish... but it's given me some motivation (Lord knows I need it!)

No comments: