Friday, June 6, 2008

A balanced life...for now. (and pics)

There are seasons in our lives when it seems like whatever it is we're involved in, whether it's a job, commitment, or the everyday chores of living life and getting by seem to swarm around us and suffocate any type of freedom we may have once had. I remember being in high school and even college for that matter and people saying "don't be in such a rush to grow up." I thought they were crazy. I couldn't wait to be on my own, doing my own thing. My question is, why didn't they hold up caution signs and wear bandages around all the scars that they've accumulated throughout this journey called "being on my own." Then maybe I would've heard what they said and slowed down to savor the "I have no real responsibility" journey. I would've seen that driving an hour to work and home after a 10 hour work day is really not what most people would call fun. Most sane people anyways. Or those silly things called bills that seem to never stop coming no matter what, aren't really that cool. Kind of annoying actually. It's like they never die. Persistent little creatures that seem to grow every year.

In saying all that, I have realized that although some of this "on my own" thing is more work and less play, some how I have found a sort of balance... for now. The Lord has blessed me with a fairly secure job (keeps the bills satisfied) that at times can actually be fun and allows for me to travel and visit, as well as meet a lot of people. It also allows for me to take vacations, for the most part, when I feel the urge. And just this week I was offered the Head Coaching position at a Episcopal High School. Needless to say, there will be less balance when I start that in November on top of my job with the Army. But it will be fun working with the girls and I think it will be fulfilling.

Speaking of living a balanced, grown up life, I figured I'd post some pictures from my different escapades over the past month. I was in FL (for work), NC (for fun) and Cali (for work). This being "on my own" thing isn't really that bad once you get the hang of it and figure out how to enjoy the ride. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches but for now the blows have been minimal and I have to say the last month has been refreshing. I definately have tons to be thankful for. The Lord has kept me in His care and provided me with more than I deserve. He's an awesome God and I'm thankful for this season of my life, even if it's not quite what I expected. So here are a few pics from my trips.


Jamar and I on Country Western Night in the Outer Banks

Being silly

Majestic... Point Magu, CA

The sunset was amazing....

see what I mean?!

ps- I love my camera... look what
cool things you can do with it

Shoreline in Malibu

Off the Pacific Coast Hwy in Cali

Did I tell you I met the Bachelor?! :)
Just another day in the office!! lol.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: