Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Attraction... Day 8

There are a lot of things that draw me to the different people I meet.... I could go a lot of different ways with today's topic, but the phrase "turn ons" sounds more like this survey or challenge, if you will, is requiring me to tell you what gives me butterflies...

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession

Three turn ons:
1. A big, pretty smile. This, people, can make or break an attraction with me. I can see some ordinary looking guy, who hardly catches my eye but then smiles and his smile brightens the room while causing me to smile, and he's in! And contrary to that, if there is a guy who walks into a room looking like a tall glass of water and then his smile is jacked. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH .... I'll say no more.
2. Relentless Pursuit. of me. We're talking "turn ons" here right?! So don't go getting all spiritual on me here, saying don't you mean relentless pursuit of Jesus, Katie? Just stop it, that is a given ... yes, that is attractive but I don't consider it a "turn on." It is a turn on to me when a man pursues ME and to pursue by definition means:
-to chase (ok, chase may sound a bit stalkerish, but that's not the intent of what I'm trying to get accross) somebody: sometimes for a long time, in order to catch or capture her (HEART) (and break through the walls of insecurity and fear that she has built around her heart. Letting her know that love may not be safe, but it's good and it lasts, by leading in a manner that allows her to trust and slowly let down those walls)*
-to carry something out: to work at something or carry it out
-to continue with something: to continue with something or follow it up (continuing to pursue and encourage who I am even after he has captured my heart)
3. Manly forearms. Yes, I know that sounds so weird. But I love a set of strong and masculine forearms... I don't know if it's the fact that a nice pair of biceps, nice shoulders and a nice chest come with those forearms is was does it, but goodness I just love it! Buh-tter-flies.

*Italicized and bolded = my emphasis

And there you have it. 3 turn ons. Take 'em or leave 'em.

No comments: