Monday, November 29, 2010

Behind the Power Curve - Turn offs - Day 7

Would you believe that the dog ate my computer (and every other computer I was in possible proximity to while I was on vacation)? I'm not even going to apologize anymore about not finishing this in 10 days. You know me and my blogging tendancies. So without further ado... onto Day 7!

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession

Four turn offs:

1. SELFISHNESS --> We all have our moments of selfishness... but when someone is so self absorbed that they never ask how you're doing or even realize all they do is talk about themself, I lose interest. fast.

2. LACK OF INTEGRITY --> If I notice that you're always trying to "get over," cut corners to get what you want, don't follow through on things you say you're going to do, or constantly catching you in little white lies, I'm not a fan. I want to be able to stand on the fact that your word is your word and you are doing everything in your power to hold true to that (especially if I'm considering entering a relationship with you). I don't want to be wondering if I'm getting the whole truth in a situation, whether it be big or small. TRUST is so important.

3. ARROGANCE --> I don't deal well with people who have inflated sense of self, think they are better than most (intolerance) and can't admit when they are wrong. "what you made the Varsity football team your Freshman year but can't believe the coach wouldn't play you even though the guy in front of you was Mike Vick!? just ludacris." *yawn....and I'm fading. oh by the way, you're 30 years old...GET OVER IT!

4. DEMEANING SENSE OF HUMOR --> Words of encouragement is one of my main love languages so when I'm around someone who is constantly cutting down other people to amuse themselves or others around them I get annoyed. Super annoyed. And in dating terms, if the 'clowning' is constantly at my expense you can rest assured that relationship is going no where fast.

No comments: