Monday, November 8, 2010

Need. Motivation.

I have left my blog hanging high and dry for quite a few months.... sorry, blog. With all my travel and crazy work schedule, I just haven't had the time, energy it takes to be creative and quite honestly the motivation to write. So I found some motivation or challenge per say, that I saw up on Meggo's page. And here it is:


Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.


Let's see if I can blog for TEN days in a row.


Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.


1- Happy Birthday Megan!! I am so proud of you. Truth is, I was a little worried when you said you were moving to China, not because you'd be far away and would miss you, and not because I didn't think you would be great at your job over there.... But more because you were going somewhere that was further than I could get to if you needed your big sis to come rescue you! ha. Sounds silly, I know... but you, my dear little sister have proven that you don't need your big sister to come rescue you, and you're probably thinking, "duh, Katie, I haven't needed your super-hero-rescuing-powers for years." But I guess sometimes I just like to worry (go figure). You are so strong and have grown so much over there. One of the most valuble things we have in this life is to know who we were made to be and I have seen the light bulb come on in you as far as knowing yourself. You are just shinning like the flood lights over a football stadim. It's awesome to see you walking with confidence in who God has made you to be :) I love you, Megan.

2-Melissa, please bring Siah to VA so we can go to Sweet Water Tavern ASAP! I miss you and need to meet your little man! :) Thank you for being there whenever I need you most. I love how we can go months without talking (yeah, I know... we need to get better at that part) and then pick up right where we left off the next time we talk!

3- Shayla, goodness I miss you. I can't think about our friendship and your crazy butt without smiling! lol...see what I mean? God crossed our paths at just the right time! My twin. I am sad you had to leave VA but am so excited for you and know that you are right where you need to be for the time being. Do it BIG and keep following your dreams, they were put inside your heart for a reson, my friend!

4-6 My older sibs, I know we all have different relationships and I am so thankful for each one of them. But what I want to say to you all is thank you. Thank you for being there for me at different times in my life and listening. and praying. and even when you thought I wasn't listening, thank you for sharing and advising. I was listening. I love you guys and pray that I will one day have a family that has a solid foundation and that loves each other just like all of yours. (4) Jules, you are so creative, so calm cool and collected, a FUN mom and one of the hardest workers I know... (5) Amy, I AM SO EXCITED for you and David! I love living so close and getting to be a part of your family and the support you and David give me. Matthew is lucky to have you guys as parents. (6) Adam, I miss you and am thankful you're coming to SC for Thanksgiving with your fam!

7-9 Janetta, (8) Hambone and (9)Summer, seems like we've been through it all as friends, huh?! I'm thankful for our history! It's been over 10 years that I've been able to call you guys my friends and my heart is filled when I think about the moments (UPS AND DOWNS) we've shared and memories we've made. I love you guys and can't wait to walk through another 10 years of friendship and sisterhood with you all! (J- YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!! SO. EXCITED.)

10- Mom and Dad, where do I start? Thank you, for always loving, always giving and always sacrificing. You done good, mom and dad :) All the soccer games, band concerts, awana nights, basketball games, calls from our teachers (oh, was that just me??), tears and laughter, game nights and tables full of good food, friends and family were worth it. You're leaving a legacy through which God's glory can be revealed. I can't tell you enough. I love you and thank you. thank you. thank you.

Day 1, down... 9 days to go. *gulp*

No comments: