Monday, November 22, 2010

People, people, people.... Day 6

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.


I know. My 10 day challenge has drawn out to more like two weeks. or so. But who's counting... Since I'm making excuses, I'll throw Meggo under the bus and remind you all that she has STILL not finished her last day and she started WAY before me. So technically, I'm winning. Wait, this wasn't a competition was it? Ok, well then I'm only kind of winning. I'm making a rule for my post today... I am not allowed to include people that I've already talked about in my 10 Day Challenge. So pretty much all my fam is out and a the handful of friends I mentioned in the first couple days. Here goes:

Five people who mean a lot to me-

1. Carrie (McKee) Cramm. She's one of those people to me that if you really want to know me, meeting Carrie is a must. I have known Carrie since the latter part of my adolescent life and I can't say enough about her and how her love and wise words have helped me as I've stumbled along this bumpy road of life. My parents sent me out to visit with her my freshman year in college... We laugh about it now because when she tells me about the phone call she received asking if I could come visit, it came across to her that I needed saving from some of the decisions I was making in my life... I wasn't at that time making any crazy decisions about the lifestyle that I would lead but the visit was in fact life changing in my life. It turned out to be a week in my life that I experienced, grace, truth and love all in the same breath and started to understand God's love for me on another level. Carrie was a catalyst to part of this discovery. And I'd bet on the fact that this is not the first time she's sparked someone's heart in the direction toward God.
2. Aunt Julie. I love her spunk. Aunt Julie is the woman who was diagnosed with cancer and throughout her fight, I'm pretty sure her house or hospital room was rarely empty if ever. But what sums her up is the fact that when people would come visit her, I'm pretty sure every person left encouraged. and at a loss for words. Because you see for Aunt Julie small talk wasn't enough for her. This woman is the prayer warrior that you have NEVER known. She wouldn't let people leave with out either joining her in prayer OR if that was uncomfortable for them, she told them "well you can just sit there and I'll pray for you." :) That's Aunt Julie. She's got fight, she's got spunk and she's got God... and she's not afraid to let people know. Oh, btw she fully recovered from stage four ovarian cancer and the doctors said they had never seen something like her case. Gone. Completely. Gone.
3. The guys (Walt, BBC, Chief, Marcus and Shal) - They bring joy to my life through their sense of humor, their infectious laughs, listening ears and protective love. I can't help but think about any one of these guys and not have a smile on my face. Their friendship is true, respectful and giving. I hear girls talk about how they wonder where all the good men have gone, I get sad for them because I know a lot of good men who love and cherish women in general, these five in particular!
4. Nikki (Curtis) and Carrie (Hewitt). These two girls have got to be two of the most encouraging and supportive gals I know. I've gotten to walk through adult life with Carrie and Nikki and they always listen to me vent and talk things through while processing the craziness going on (whatever that may be at the time). Thanks ladies!!
5. Kia - She makes me laugh. We've been through ups and downs and over a decade and a half of friendship. I am thankful for her loyalty and that she let's me be me. We've been through it all over the past 15 years and I think that says a lot. You can't be friends with someone for 15 years and not walk through all different types of things... Thanks Kia for enduring it all! :)

whew... that was hard to narrow it down. If you were not on this post, please don't get your feelings hurt. It only let me pick 5!!!!! I'll write a post about you and only you if I have offended you ;) But I'm almost positive that if you are reading this blog, you have been mentioned at some point in time on my blog! :)

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

http://meganindalian.blogspot.com/2010/11/day-10.html... I win.