Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time keeps on tickin' tickin' tickin'.....

Day 23:

When did I get to the age that 5 years can slip right through your fingers like rushing waters of the Colorado River (wink)?? I guess it probably happened the same time my knees started falling apart and my neck started giving out. Or when I began opting for a glass of wine rather than a coke, rather a diet coke. I DRINK DIET COKE NOW FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I always said I would NEVER do that. Well, at least I've learned to never say never anymore....

Today I cleaned out my cubicle at work and was amazed at how quickly I could tear down, throw away and pack up 5 and a half years of work in about 8 hours. It's like it was nothing but a blink of an eye. I don't know how to explain it but the notion that I am about to move has seemed to hit me in waves. Or maybe something like peeling layers back from an onion. With each piece that gets pulled away, the skin gets thicker and more potent. Even when I started blogging my 40 days to Colorado it honestly felt.... almost like a dream or maybe a story I was telling and how I MIGHT feel IF I was moving to Colorado. But as my moving day inches closer minute by minute, things that I have known would change hit me in a different way. A very nostalgic way. My time here in VA was short... did I accomplish what I was supposed to do? Did I love well and let people see Jesus through my relationships with them? I hope so.

5 years use to seem like an eternity to me... Now I am wondering if 5 years will be enough time for me to gain the knowledge and experience that God wants me to have in order to care for the people brought into my life... But all of this thinking has also made me realize that I want to go at life with reckless abandon, soaking up everything it has to offer! The one thing I have the tendency to look back on thinking "I could've done so much more," is with my time. I will have plenty of time to waste or make good use of since I will be a student and possibly only working part time... My plan is to do more. Whether it's studying, working out, traveling, being intentional with my friends (new and old) and loved ones, serving others or just enjoying the moment in which God has me. I want this next five years to count. And there's no time to wait because before I know it, it'll be 2016 and time won't wait for me... We get this one life to live and I won't let myself be blogging about my shoulda, coulda, wouldas in 2016 (Lord willing)! I know I can't hold time in my hands and I'm fine with that. I kind of like that I prefer wine over (diet) coke now days as the days keep rolling over. It means I'm getting wiser, right? ;)

No comments: