Monday, August 1, 2011

I am Full....

Days 19-21:

I had one crazy-busy weekend. Which is why I'm lumping days 19-21 together...don't judge me. I was busy prepping for a BBQ, enjoying the said BBQ and then relaxing after church on Sunday with my latest read, 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.' I could continue to make excuses as to why I didn't get around to blogging, and they would be good excuses, but excuses none the less. But the initial purpose of the '40 Days to Colorado' was for me to 1. become a more consistent blogger bye giving me some material to write about and 2. for me to record record this next step and transition in my life so I can look back and remember. Not for me to be so legalistic or concerned with blogging that I miss out on the moments in life that make you inhale a little deeper and exhale a little longer. And this weekend was filled with those moments.....

I had a BBQ with the intent of eating some good food, catching up and saying goodbye to friends that I may not have a chance to see prior to my move date. And it was... awesome. A bunch of friends came and I felt like I hardly sat down the whole night. I would jump from one person or group to another trying to make sure I got some quality time with everyone. By the end of the night, I was exhausted. Not just physically, but socially too! After getting up early to prepare (Amy and Julie M. helped too...thanks!) the appetiezers, sides, desserts and last minute items, eating too much, then hanging out at the BBQ until about 1130pm, I was ready to melt into my bed as soon as I got home. But I hadn't quite faded into lala land before a statement from the party resonated with me as it flashed through my mind, "My love tank is full." And it was. I think I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face, good food in my tummy and gratitude in my heart. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of friendship.

No comments: