Thursday, July 28, 2011

On Second Thought...Day 18

It never fails. I make a plan. The plan changes. It's one of those things in my life... I KNOW it's going to happen so I often wonder why I ever bother with the initial plan in the first place. It almost never goes down the way it's planned, and I'm okay with that because usually the second, no third plan is more efficient and/or more successful than the first because I've had time to logically think about it. I think my issue is that I'm so dag'gon impatient. If something needs to be planned, I like to get it done and out of the way so I don't have to think about it anymore. Problem is, I DO still think about it and I think of better ways to get it done (which isn't really a problem, I guess). It's almost like the first plan is just a rough draft for me or something. Man, wouldn't it be nice to have a rough draft for different scenarios in life??? I certainly wouldn't have wasted my time, energy and emotions on a couple ex-boyfriends. What about that time I grabbed a pair sweats out of the dryer and headed to my league basketball game and after the game while talking to the guys, put them on only to have a pair of leopard skin under ware fly out the bottom of the leg right smack dab in the middle of our huddle.* "...just a little edit right there and a delete over here....PERFECT!"

The point of all this?? I re-mapped Dad and my trip out to Colorado today... I was notified that the movers on the west end of things couldn't start the job any later than 3pm on the 17th. Which would've meant Dad and I were up at 0330 (that's am for you non-military types) to get there by 3pm! Sooooo.... an edit was necessary to my original plan. Go figure. Ah well, we will still get to spend time with my friend Marcus in Kansas and we will get there with time to spare (Lord willing) on the 17th, so all is good in my little planners world!

*that may or may not have happened to me :D

No comments: