Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Excitement With a Dash of Fear (at times): Days 6-9

You may not see it, but this '40 Days to Colorado' blog posting, has kept me more consistent as a blogger. And to be fair, when I say more consistent, you should know that I'm comparing myself to the emotions of a 15 year old girl. Yes, my blogging is more consistent than the emotional status of a teeny bopper. Thank you. Thank you very much. But in all honesty, I do FEEL like this challenge has in some way made me a more accountable blogger (you're welcome) and I actually am enjoying it. So, in true to form Katie Scott fashion, here are days 6, 7, 8 AND 9. Oh hush, cut a girl some slack!

I was in Nebraska (and we all know how busy Lincoln, NE can be!).

Day 6-8:

Well, like I said, I was in Nebraska so as far as actual preparation for my move.... let's just say I'm forgetting the past and moving forward! But I did, however, get plenty of invites to visit good ol' Nebraska while I was with my family. Which I loved. I got excited about moving all over again because it was brought to my attention that I would be living only 8-9 hours from my family in Lincoln! .... which, by the way, will afford me the opportunity to not only see my family, but also to make it to at LEAST one football game this year! GO BIG RED!!! Yippee! I guess living on the East Coast all my life, it didn't dawn on me that I would be within driving distance of my Crazy Rels, whom I love so very much! I anticipate a road trip or two after my move out to Colorado! I'm eager to explore and call new parts (to me) of the country home for a little while... having some sort of family around will make it that much sweeter!

Day 9:

Without sounding like a SNL Debbie Downer skit (hilarious, by the way...I love how they can't keep it together), the thought of moving to Colorado is sometimes a lonely thought. There are times that I feel ambivelant about doing this alone. On one hand, I know that it may not even be an option if I were married and had someone else's life to factor into the equation... I am so thankful for the freedom I have to make this opportunity but, on the other hand, I feel like it would be nice to have something (more so, someone) static, a teammate per say, to equalize some of the change and share the adventure with... Because it will, without a doubt, be an adventure! It's not every day that I feel so thwarted about doing this move with no companion, the adventurer inside of me is generally MUCH louder than 'Debs' and her anxious, annoying voice. But every once in a while, she rears her pathetic little self in hopes that she scares me out of going.... the Debbie Downer in me wants more than anything to be safe and comfortable. Not stretched and grown. But my itchy feet won't let me stay in the comforts of this place right now... This is my journey, that God is graciously letting me trek. He is with me... so whom should I fear?